1.01.2009

Boredom Unleashes My Inner Computer Geek

So, my computer pretty much fails. But, I have something to do about that. I believe it would be a worthwhile investment to take about 90 dollars out of my Macbook fund to buy an external drive of about 500GB. Why? This will be useful now as well as later. Use now: move all of my stuff (which takes up most of the family computer) off of the hard drive onto the external drive. That will free up about 30GB of space. Yes, I know I will have a lot of space left after that. I'll figure out what to do with that when the time comes. Probably installing all future software and files to that. When I get the Macbook (which is now cheaper because I don't have to add more storage internally) I can partition the external drive with Kubuntu Linux and Windows XP. I can run all three of those without a reboot with VM Ware Fusion.
My plans after the drive and before the Mac: tweak the desktop more to make it look more like a Mac (if I can't have the real thing, I can always imitate), install more geeky fun stuff, download more music and videos to my iPod, make the interwebs run from the computers RAM (albeit a small amount) making the computer faster in general. woot.

----------------
Now playing: Jars Of Clay - No One Loves Me Like You
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/1/09 15:31

    KC - thanks for 'following' my blog! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. You are a person after my own heart - I love FAIL blog, engrish, Crummy Church Signs, and the notes blogs. You might also like "The "blog" of "unnecessary" quotation marks." Anyway, I'll be coming back soon, and I look forward to making your blog acquaintance. Later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog as well, it's always exciting to add to my readership considering it's just a small crew of my friends. I'm just curious, what brought you to my blog?

    ReplyDelete